And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!
- And did those feet, William Blake

onsdag 13. oktober 2021

Link: The King’s Three Images: The representation of St. Edward the Confessor in historiography, hagiography and liturgy


I am writing this just past midnight of October 14, but the post itself pertains to October 13, which is the feast of the translation of the relics of Saint Edward the Confessor. 

Long-time readers of my blog might know that I wrote my MA dissertation on the development of his cult in the period 1066-1400. The dissertation was finished in the autumn of 2012, and the work that went into the dissertation is still to this day shaping a lot of my research.  

Since I was reminded of my dissertation today, I was also reminded that I never provided a clear and easy to find weblink to the document itself. The dissertation, "The King’s Three Images: The representation of St. Edward the Confessor in historiography, hagiography and liturgy", is still available on the Internet, and a Pdf file can be downloaded from my alma mater, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim. The link is here: https://ntnuopen.ntnu.no/ntnu-xmlui/handle/11250/243071


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar