And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!
- And did those feet, William Blake

lørdag 30. april 2022

Assembling my Oslo library

 

Whenever I stay somewhere over a longer period of time, I tend to start nesting by assembling a little library, books that I like to keep within reach, or that I prefer to keep at home rather than at work, for various reasons. In September, when I moved to Oslo, I was fortunate that my apartment includes a quite spacious book case whose shelves I immediately began to stack with books that I had brought with me. Since September, some books have been added and some have been taken away, but there is one particular shelf that I have come to understand as the most representative of my time in Oslo so far. This shelf is a hodge-podge of different things: Books I have read before coming to Oslo, books I have read while in Oslo, books I have acquired in Oslo, books I have read and books that I plan to read (whether I read them in Oslo or not). Since I am a book-hoarder and an avid bibliomaniac, the selection does not follow any particular pattern and it does not reveal anything particularly interesting. Nor is it intended as a way to show off, because I have to admit that not all these books are mine, and not all these books have been read by me at the time of writing this blogpost. But this shelf is essentially the core of my Oslo library, which I will continue to alter and expand in the next three years of me working here.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar