And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!
- And did those feet, William Blake

torsdag 31. desember 2020

December lights in the fjords


Whenever a year draws to its end, it feels appropriate to find some form of concluding statement or summary that bridges the past months with the months ahead. As this strangest of years comes to a longed-for close, however, I find it difficult to formulate anything that is not either trite or too self-serving or self-centred. Whatever my own experiences and challenges, they have been fairly mild and short-lived compared to what so many others have had to deal with. And although there are things I am likely to talk about at length at a future point out of frustration and anger, it feels pointless to rehearse these now. Instead, I leave this year with a few pictures of my home village this December, to where I was fortunate enough to return at the beginning of the month, and where I was able to quarantine safely and work while enjoying the crisp freshness of the December cold in the fjords. If nothing else, I hope to continue to immerse myself in this landscape in the months ahead. 













 




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar