And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!
- And did those feet, William Blake

søndag 1. oktober 2023

On bluer skies



Since 2012, I have been an active member on Twitter, and in those years I have gained a lot of different experiences, and for the most part these have been immensely positive. Both as a scholar and as a general human being, I have become indebted to a wide range of individuals who have showed me great kindness and helped me improve, both personally and professionally. I hope to be able to continue reaping benefits from Twitter, but the current owner - an emotionally deranged, all-too-powerful, idiotic, destructive man-child with the intellectual capacity of an egg cup - has made the possibility of gaining something good on Twitter increasingly difficult. As things seem to be heading down an even more ludicrous road in the coming weeks, I have created an account on Bluesky just to be able to keep in touch with the friends I have made in the past eleven years, friends without whom I would be infinitely poorer. 

My handle on Bluesky is @hopesteffen.bsky.social. You are all welcome to find me there. 

For the time being, my main activity will remain on Twitter, but I hope that if that particular network does implode in the hands of a faux-genius who has not heard the word 'no' often enough in his life, Bluesky will provide a viable alternative, which can foster the kind of exchanges that have broadened my horizon for eleven years.  

 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar