And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!
- And did those feet, William Blake

mandag 28. juni 2021

A personal update, and a new beginning

 

This is just a brief notification about a very happy piece of news from my own life: Ten days ago, I was hired as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Oslo, as part of the project "Legitimization of the Elites in Medieval Poland and Norway", a collaboration between the University of Oslo and the University of Warsaw. 

Within this overarching framework, I will spend the next three years researching how the bishops of medieval Norway legitimised their power and their place in society through the cult of saints. This theme will draw on my previous research, but also open up for a lot of new knowledge and new experiences, and I am very much looking forward to start. I am delighted to have this new opportunity, and I will be providing snippets from my ongoing research in the coming years. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar